- February 27: Intro to Argyle at Nine Rubies in San Mateo, CA
- February 27 & March 5: Textured Crochet at Nine Rubies in San Mateo, CA
- February 29, March 14 & 28, April 11 & 25, May 9: Kira K Designs Extravaganza at Piedmont Yarn in Oakland, CA
- February 28: Tunisian Crochet at Piedmont Yarn in Oakland, CA
- February 28: Fixing (and Avoiding) Knitting Mistakes at Piedmont Yarn in Oakland, CA
- March 2 & 9: Beginning Crochet at Avenue Yarns in Albany, CA
- March 3: Intro to Colorwork at Piedmont Yarn in Oakland, CA
- March 5: Gauge & Swatching at Nine Rubies in San Mateo, CA
- March 6: Successful Yarn Substitution at Piedmont Yarn in Oakland, CA
- March 13 & 20: Beginning Crochet at Piedmont Yarn in Oakland, CA
- March 13: Intro to Cables at Piedmont Yarn in Oakland, CA
- March 16 & 23: Beginning Knitting at Avenue Yarns in Albany, CA
- March 17: Intro to Entrelac at Piedmont Yarn in Oakland, CA
- March 19: Seaming & Finishing at Avenue Yarns in Albany, CA
- March 19 & 26: Beginning Spinning at Avenue Yarns in Albany, CA
- March 20: Brioche Stitch at Piedmont Yarn in Oakland, CA
- March 26: Gauge & Swatching at Avenue Yarns in Albany, CA
- April 6 & 13: Crocheted Hats at Avenue Yarns in Albany, CA
- April 7: Crocheted Flowers at Piedmont Yarn in Oakland, CA
- April 9: Short Rows at Avenue Yarns in Albany, CA
- April 9 & 16: Beginning Knitting at Avenue Yarns in Albany, CA
- April 16: Crocheted Lace at Avenue Yarns in Albany, CA
- April 20: Moëbius Cowls at Avenue Yarns in Albany, CA
Yarn Crawls and Retreats
- April 28-May 1: Kira K Designs Weekend Knitting Retreat in Marshall, CA
Yarn Shows, Fiber Festivals, and Trunk Shows
I will be at these shows, and will bring samples of all of my designs, patterns available in print & pdf formats, kits featuring small-farm and hand-dyed yarns, and prizes for anyone wearing a project made with a Kira K Designs pattern!
Ready to learn a new skill, or stuck on a project? I am available for one-on-one and small group classes on knitting, crocheting, and spinning. Topics can include, but are not limited to:
- Beginning knitting, crochet, or spinning
- Starting your first sweater, or hat, or gloves, or socks
- Knitting with beads
- Changing patterns for size, fit, or gauge
- Reading patterns
- Seaming and other finishing techniques
- Introduction to cables, lace, or colorwork
- Fixing mistakes and learning how to avoid them next time
Please email me to set up a lesson. Group lessons and lectures to guilds are also possible. Rates start at $30 per hour.
Store Owner Testimonial from Jamie of Urban Fauna Studio: We highly endorse Kira’s teaching services for a variety of reasons. Her background in design and her lifelong skills in the fiber arts make her a unique teacher. She brings a diverse set of techniques and views about how to knit, crochet and spin. Every lesson a student attends they learn something new about the history and the trends in fiber arts. Whether our students are visual, auditory or kinesthetic learners, Kira always found a way to cater to what works best for each of them. She understands that people often do not master a skill during their 1st, 2nd or even 3rd attempt! She works with them and follows up with students providing post- workshop support if the student desired. She provides a variety of tested, easy to follow and aesthetically pleasing patterns for your store and workshops. They appeal to a wide variety of knit and crochet skills and come with fabulous pattern support!
Store Owner Testimonial from Bente of Piedmont Yarn and Apparel: Kira Dulaney has been teaching at my store for several years. She is a wonderful teacher, which is easily proven by the number of students that come back for more of her classes. Kira is incredibly knowledgeable in her field. She shares this knowledge with an ease and confidence that makes all students feel comfortable in the classroom; and makes them feel they come away with new skills to build on.
Student Testimonial from Karen W: Kira is an amazing teacher–very patient and informative. She does a really good job of teaching mixed skill-level classes–keeping more experienced knitters interested while not overwhelming students with less experience. I’ve taken quite a few classes from her, and have always enjoyed them and learned great new skills and tips. I’m an experienced knitter with over 15 years’ experience, and I learn something new in every class!
Student Testimonial from Susan H: I enjoy taking classes with Kira. She is very calm and patient and always well-prepared with clear, easy to understand instructions. Her design styles are creative and I have lovely new knitted items for my wardrobe. Thanks, Kira, for helping this gal from Oklahoma find a new knitting home after a move to the bay area.
Student Testimonial from Carol S: I leave every one of Kira’s classes with a smile and a feeling of satisfaction. Kira brings great handouts that mirror her instruction, demonstrates techniques very clearly, and seems able to cope with any knitting, crochet, or design question that arises. She recently rescued a project that I was about to unravel, and I ended up with a lovely garment, no fuss, no trauma! Kira is a terrific designer and instructor, and with her help I have a lot more insight into the joys of knitting!
Student Testimonial from Linda S: I had one of the greatest experiences of my life when I took an all day one-on-one knitting lesson from Kira. I have wanted to incorporate beads into knitting for a long time and knew it would more difficult for me as I am spatially challenged. Kira was an outstanding instructor and used strategies so that I would be able to learn and succeed. She was patient and encouraging as well. I am truly enjoying knitting with beads and am looking forward to another lesson.